HOW DOES 2nd Life WORK?
2ndlifequotes.com is truly a revolution in fundraising. Instead of buying cookies, gift wrap or pizza dough to support your cause, you actually GET MONEY for your used electronics. This helps keep your old electronics out of the trash, keeping planet Earth clean and green.
- Get a Quote. Simply browse or search for your product, select your item and follow the instructions. Adjust your donation percentage and print your FREE shipping label.
- Send it. Carefully pack and ship your device to us using the prepaid FedEx shipping label (must be dropped off at any FedEx drop off location within 15 days of your Quote). Please read our Frequently Asked Questions for packing tips.
- Get Paid. Once we receive your product, it is verified and inspected and your payment is mailed directly to you. Please allow up to 2 weeks to receive your payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of items do you accept?
- How are quotes determined?
- How does the condition of my device affect quotes?
- Clarify the 15 Day Quote Guarantee?
- How do I prepare my item(s) for shipment?
- How do I package my device(s) for shipment?
- OK, I packed them well. How do I ship my electronics?
- What happens after I send in my electronics?
- What if I change my mind after sending my stuff in, what is your return policy?
- How long does it take to get paid?
- What happens to all the used electronics?
- What happens to personal data on my electronics?
- What does 2ndlifequotes.com do with my personal information such as name, email and address?
We accept the following categories of electronics: Smartphones, Tablets, Laptop Computers, Apple Desktop Computers, iPods, Digital Cameras, Lenses and Flashes, Action Cameras, Drones, Video Game Consoles, Wearables like smartwatches, Portable Audio, Internet of Things (Connected Home Devices), Home Audio and Home Theater Components, Projectors, Headphones, Car Audio, and more. Some items may not have enough value to qualify for payment. You can still send those items to us for recycling, shipped to us at your own expense. Can't find your device, please use the "Contact Us" form and we will get back to you ASAP! We DO NOT accept televisions or CRT monitors of any kind, printers, refrigerators or other large appliances.
Our real-time quote engine considers a number of factors such as the condition of the device, its configuration, and its projected value in the secondary market to arrive at a fair price. Above and beyond price, 2ndlifequotes.com offers convenience, reliability, and security, ensuring you get the most overall value for your device.
There are certain criteria for each product and product category that affect quotes more than others. It is important to identify your item correctly and rate your device accurately to ensure quote adjustments are avoided once we receive your device. We want to pay you the most for your gear possible.
Quotes from 2nd Life are good for 15 days. Your package must be scanned by FedEx within 15 days of the day your Quote was generated. If your quote expires and you still want to sell your item(s) simply return to the 2nd Life portal and start again to get a new quote.
Be sure to include all items you specified you had when you received your quote. Please include any accessories including the power cords, chargers, batteries, manuals, and original box/packaging, etc. for each device you are sending.
IMPORTANT: For smartphones and tablets, it is your responsibility to:
- Verify you do not owe any more money on the device, i.e. not under contract.
- Deactivate "Find My iPhone" for all Apple iOS devices/Mac. Remove "Factory Reset Protection" on newer Android devices. We can walk you through this process, if you need.
- Delete your data. Keep yourself safe!
- Protect your device! Until we receive, inspect and pay for your device, remember, you still own it. Wrap each device securely with bubble wrap or other packing material to protect your item during shipment. If you are sending in multiple items be sure to individually wrap each item, so they will not damage each other during shipment.
- Choose an appropriately sized box. Choose a box with enough room for 2 inches of cushioning material around all sides of the contents. Remember to include any accessories that came with the item, including original box and packaging if possible.
- The Test (important): Close and gently shake the box. Is there enough padding to keep the device secure? Or is the device bouncing around inside? If it’s bouncing around, add more newspaper, packing foam, or cushioning material. This is important. 2nd Life will not be held responsible for damage to your items that may occur during shipping.
- Tape your box shut and reinforce the seams with 2" wide tape. Use clear or brown packaging tape, reinforced packing tape, or paper tape. Do not use cord, string, or twine. If you’re reusing a box, cover up or black out any old labels and markings.
- Print your 2ndlifequotes.com pre-paid Shipping Label. Please only use the provided Shipping Label to send in your gear. If you use another carrier or label, we will not be able to track your package and we cannot guarantee that it will be insured during transit. FREE shipping labels are only valid and offered for the 50 United States.
- Tape the prepaid Shipping Label to the package away from any folds or seams.
- Within 15 days of receiving your Quote, send your package with FedEx Ground, as denoted by your shipping label. We strongly recommend having your package scanned by the carrier and obtaining a receipt. You can drop it off at any Fedex-Kinkos location or other FedEx package drop off point, nationwide.
Once your electronics are received in our processing center, our specially trained technicians will complete a full inspection or your product(s). Most of the products we inspect match exactly what was quoted online. In these cases, where the quoted value matches the inspected value, we issue full payment of the originally quoted amount.
However, at times, mistakes can be made by customers when identifying and grading their device. The most common mistake is when a customer submits an item as an incorrect generation or model number (for example, an iPhone 6 is not the same as an iPhone 6s). If we determine that the item received is an incorrect model or is in a different condition, we will adjust the inspected value to reflect the inspected model and/or condition. We inform you via email as well, so watch out for new emails. If we do not hear back from you within 2 BUSINESS DAYS, we will automatically issue payment for the adjusted amount.
Any item that matches the original quote or greater cannot be returned to you, and in the case of sales with multiple items we are only able to return items that have been price adjusted, if they were not identified correctly.
Price adjustment occurs when there is a discrepancy between what is specified and the product received. 2ndlifequotes.com will inform you via email of the revised value and gives you 2 BUSINESS DAYS to either have your item sent back free of charge or accept the lower amount.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOUR ITEM DOES NOT HAVE VALUE AFTER IT IS PRICE-ADJUSTED AND YOU DO NOT REPLY TO OUR PRICE ADJUSTMENT EMAIL WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS YOUR ITEM(S) WILL BE RECYCLED.
Our customers expect a fair and honest quote from us and we expect honesty and accuracy in how our customers evaluate their items. The company reserves the right at all times to determine whether an abuse to our system and services has been made for any reason. If we determine an abuse to our system has occurred, we will not provide free return shipping. Any customer whose sale has been deemed as abuse will be responsible for the cost of having their item returned to them. As with all sales, only those items that have an error in submission will be eligible to be returned. Abuse of our system may include, but is not limited to: a significant change in the condition of an item, submitting an item as a clearly different model, submitting an item as a working item when it is clearly broken, or submitting an item that has been lost/stolen.
We issue payment after the item inspection process, which can take up to two weeks. Payment goes to both you and the group your raising funds for. Checks will be mailed via USPS within fourteen business days of the device being inspection complete. Please note if you trade multiple devices in the same trade order, payment will be issued once the last device has been inspected.
2nd Life provides a 2nd Life for your used electronics. By repurposing them (as opposed to recycling them) 2nd Life diverts electronic products from the waste stream into the hands of new users, increasing the useful lifespan of electronics products. This preserves natural resources. If a product is deemed to have no residual value, the product will be responsibly recycled by our certified recycling partners.
All electronics are wiped clean of all personal information prior to getting into the hands of other consumers. We will do a factory reset of smartphones, tablets, and computers, which removes all personal information. Memory cards and hard drives are formatted, following Department of Defense guidelines. With all of this in mind, it is your responsibility to back-up all personal data from any device you send to us, before you send it to us!